Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A new beginning

After our computer crashed in the fall, I felt no motivation to post. For some reason, I feel renewed today.



It's Ash Wednesday, and while the hypocrisy of being raised Catholic did not escape me (hence my conversion away from Catholicism), I still like the idea of a Lenten sacrifice. This year's will be five-fold:

  1. No allergen foods: I don't eat them much anyway, but time to rid myself of all of them. These include wheat, oats, chicken, shrimp, beef, lobster, corn, strawberries, almonds, and my biggies - dairy and eggs. In addition, I am also a celiac, so ensuring a gluten free lifestyle is important. However, my body does not process ANY starches or sugars well, so other than a touch of agave in my tea occasionally, all of those are out, too.

  2. No sitting around: spare time should be used for exercise, dog-walking, or cleaning. Maybe blogging. No more than 30 minutes of computer time per day.

  3. No excess spending: I will spend what's necessary. I don't shop that much anyway, but it seemed a logical piece of the puzzle

  4. Water fast 3 days each week: This week will be today - Friday. Next week, Mon-Wed

  5. Let go of the past. Memories, people, and former "wants". Clean slate time.

Goals and details have been established. It's a new day..

No comments:

Post a Comment